Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

* That was a great Super Bowl. I didn't really care who won, but I was glad to see Eli do so well after all the grief he has taken.

* I think I would rather have played on the Dolphins (1-15) this year than the Patriots (18-1). Being that close to perfection and losing it in the final game will hurt far worse than not having played in the Super Bowl at all.

* My favorite commercial was the Bridgestone commercial with the squirrell. Second favorite was the E-Trade commercial with the baby talking about spending his extra coin to hire a clown. I agree with the kid--clowns are creepy.

* We are expecting a snow storm tonight. Two days ago, they said that there would be a 10% chance of snow today. I would hate to be a meteorologist in Colorado. It seems they are never right. In Florida, you can see a hurricane brewing off the coast of Africa. Here, you can't see a snow storm coming over the mountains.

* Ever since my move to Colorado, my reading has been extremely limited. That is about to change (Lord willing and the creek don't rise).

*Village Seven is full of gifted authors and teachers. A few of them have given me their books and I am excited about reading them (really). One that I got today is Nabeel Jabbour's The Crescent Through the Eyes of the Cross. The subtitle is "Insights from an Arab Christian." Timely. Nabeel has taken some time to explain the Muslim worldview to me already (and promises to share more in the future). I am sure this book will be a worthwhile read. I will try to post something here when I finish it.

* Tomorrow night, I will go to my first caucus. I have always lived in a state that holds primaries rather than caucuses. Colorado does both. This should be interesting.

No comments: