Saturday, December 20, 2008

More on the Rick Warren Controversy

A lot of conservative theologians have chimed in on the controversy over Rick Warren giving the Invocation at President-Elect Barrack Obama's inauguration. Some have been rather snarky, taking unnecessary pot shots at Pastor Warren, which is both unhelpful and unfortunate.

One blog post that I did find helpful was Carl Trueman's Goodbye Larry King, Hello Jerry Springer. Professor Trueman demonstrates how Christians will always be outsiders in the world. At the same time, we do not have to be the hatemongers the world says we are. It is a short post. Hope you find it helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what President-Elect Obama's motives are in choosing Rick Warren. I hope they are right motives. Either way, have to reflect on Paul's words here:

Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Phil 1:15-18.